The get downing point of this study is to happen out how of import invention is in any country of concern, so what Innovations are used within the pharmaceutical industry, and finally How the invention of the ordering drug ‘Statin ‘ has enhanced leting it to go more transitional as a well known Pharmaceutical Drug.
Areas of Discussion will be the Radicalisation of ‘Statins ‘, a Cholesterol Lowering Drug, the Incremental Innovation that was required for Manufacturing these Drugs to Patients, and how Innovation has stimulated, and is presently being adopted, Implemented and Integrated with other countries of invention to Supply better models for Success from a Commercialized mentality.
This Review shall entirely concentrate on, the Pharmaceutical Industry, and it ‘s Services as a drug supplying industry.
In Discoursing the Execution of The Types of Innovation and the grounds for taking them ; the benefits, every bit good as the hurts of each Adopted Innovation in the Pharmaceutical Industry will be analysed.
The undermentioned countries will be examined and reviewed ;
- Inventions presently being used in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Why Radical and Incremental Innovation are so Important in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- How Innovation is a Continuously Evolving Field
- Invention in the Research & A ; Development of ‘Statins ‘
- The Impact of ‘Statins ‘ on a Commercialised Scale
- The twenty-first Century attack of Uniting countries of Innovation together
- Collaborative Innovation, a new paradigm in the twenty-first century pharmaceutical World
An Built-in country of Review will be the Importance of Innovation in any Organisation within the Business universe, and how new attacks in Innovation are adopted on a regular basis as alterations in society and Businesses grow.
In add-on to this, the country of ‘Statin ‘ sold on a Commercial Market Growth graduated table will be explored and discussed.
This study shall be focused on the invention, and how invention plays an of import portion in any concern model. Specifically discussed will be the benefits of utilizing Innovation techniques in Businesses, and the assorted scope of Innovation that concern choose to follow when selling at that place merchandise or supplying a service.
Through the usage of important determinations theoretical accounts, theories and latest adopted schemes in invention, the confirmation will reason which invention is best implemented within the pharmaceutical Industry and, why this uninterrupted altering Model is seen to be critically imperative in respects to the debut of new thoughts, and innovations to be a success.
Adapting one type of invention into another, can foster enhance and increase the the single features to complement each other, and supply the best suited and most accurate type of invention ‘s to utilize within the organisation. By making so a new paradigm in invention can be reached, and therefore beef up the procedure of developing the idea/invention into a successful, profitable by merchandise or service.
Through usage of research and development pharmaceutical concerns can see which invention tool is best to follow and implement. Delegating the right duty in transporting out the undertakings of invention can besides cut down the hazard factor of the sale of the product/service on the market.
Definition of Invention
“ Invention is the Procedure by which an thought or innovation is translated into a good or service for which people will pay ”.
Invention has provided acknowledgment into the epoch of sweetenings in merchandises and services through the phenomenon by the work of the Austrian-American innovation-theorist Joseph Schumpeter. Prior to 1960 ‘s, Innovation has since soared, “ though, with peculiarly rapid growing during the last 10 old ages or so, as suggested by Fagerberg, [ 2004, pp 125-159 ].
Innovation involves calculated application of information, imaginativeness, and enterprise in deducing greater or different value from resources, and encompasses all procedures by which new thoughts are generated and converted into utile merchandises. Although many inventions are created from innovations, it is possible to introduce without inventing, and to contrive without introducing.
What is Invention
Invention is concerned with placing how houses use their existing cognition and resources to develop goods, procedures and services. Innovation is a cardinal country in any administration.
It is a new manner of making something. It can be referred to as incremental, emergent, extremist or radical thought, in merchandises, procedures, or organisations.
The historical and cultural position in drug invention suggests the broader transmutations of society may be required in order to alter forms of inventions.
In many Fieldss, something new must be well different to be advanced, Innovation in Modern society is indispensable for any industry. Since invention is besides considered a major frogman of the economic system particularly when it leads to increasing productiveness, followings of invention economic sciences stress utilizing public policy to turn invention and growing.
Invention within the Pharmaceutical
Invention in pharmaceuticals relies on old cognition from predating inventions. Boulden, et al [ 1970, pp 65-83 ] suggests that “ Innovation has shifted off from freshness theoretical accounts and towards theoretical accounts in which invention is goaded engineerings ”.
Pharmaceutical invention includes a big figure of betterments or minor alterations to bing drugs, and the designation of new utilizations of known merchandises. Starr C [ 1999, pp 107-137 ] defines “ Incremental invention as frequently motivated by the aim of widening the commercial benefits derived from bing merchandises, peculiarly when original patents expire and new patents may be used to protract market exclusivity. ”
The most advanced type of new drugs Priority NMEs, had been rare between the twelvemonth 1989-2000, Harmonizing to Institute for Health Care Management ( NIHCM ) [ 2002 ] “ Merely ( 15 % ) of all new drug blessings were medical specialties that used new active ingredients and provided important clinical betterment. Drugs supplying moderate invention comprised another 28 % of blessings. The other 57 % of blessings were for drugs demoing merely modest invention, at best: 46 % made some alteration to an older merchandise incorporating the same active ingredient, while the staying 11 % were indistinguishable to marketed merchandises. ”
Pharmaceutical invention is more strongly linked with scientific discipline and ordinances so that of other industries. The nexus of external beginnings of scientific cognition, have a direct influence on the procedure of invention. Regulation has important impact on the defining of drugs and the industry that extends to all countries is:
- R & A ; D
- Monetary values
- Copy rights & A ; Patents
Copyright and Patency Torahs, are particularly of import, and necessary for freshly developed drugs within the pharmaceutical industry as it prevents other challengers from copying and developing the same thoughts and administering in same industry, The countries of invention that have been used in the Research and Development phases of the examined drugs ‘Statins ‘ are Extremist and Incremental Innovation.
What Innovation Process Is Applied Within the Pharmaceutical Industry?
It can be said that the first measure, in Innovation within the Pharmaceutical sector, is that it recognizes sequentiality. Scotchmer, S [ 1991, pp 29- 41 ] argued that, “ In pharmaceuticals, many drugs like insulin, antibiotics, and anti-clotting drugs have been increasingly improved subsequently, as pioneers bettered old engineerings. ” The 2nd cardinal measure to invention can so be the development of engineering and the increasing demand for extremely developed technological equipment tools.
The invention procedure that is governed within most pharmaceutical Industries is the Innovation Poisson procedure, by which an thought is outright conceived and implemented into a new merchandise to be sold to the market place.
Youden, W.J. [ 1962, p 2 ] imply that, “ The normal jurisprudence of mistake stands out in the experience of world as one of the broadest Generalizations of natural doctrine. It serves as the steering instrument in researches in the physical and societal scientific disciplines and in medical specialty, agribusiness and technology. It is an indispensable tool for the analysis and the reading of the basic informations obtained by observation and experiment ”.
Changes in commercialisation of new thoughts can widen the standard multisector Schumpeterian growing theory by break uping the merchandise invention into a two-stage research activity. This analytical construction allows for comparings in the general equilibrium advanced public presentation of an economic system where early-stage scientific consequences are patentable with the general advanced public presentation of an economic system where these early phase consequences are patented, for protection.
When scientists patent their research, monopolistic research houses restrict entry in the applied R & A ; D. Nordhaus, [ 1969 ], who explained why patents ( or other IP ) should hold infinite length by reasoning “ If the sole concern is to promote invention, so Patents should last forever. ”
Measures of Innovation when presenting
Newly developed drugs
Measuring recent degrees of invention, this study uses categorization systems, specifying several major classs of new drugs, from really to somewhat advanced.
Measures of Innovation when come ining the pharmaceutical markets are as follows:
- The newness of the compound organizing the drug ‘s active ingredients ; New Molecular Entities ( NMEs ) ] which is the change of the original medical specialty to bring forth a drug with different characteristics, such as a new dose signifier or path of disposal.
- Another step in Innovation is, alteration made to original merchandises refer jointly to all such merchandises as “ incrementally modified drugs ” ( IMDs ).
- Clinical betterment is besides another step of invention within the Pharmaceutical industry.
The FDA uses betterments like new drug applications either to a criterion or swifter precedence to put standards, and to place Drugs that provide important clinical betterment over presently marketed merchandises. It approves a few NDAs for drugs whose active ingredients are available in indistinguishable marketed merchandises, normally to let a new maker to do the drug.
New merchandises, including IMDs, Can measure up for a precedence reappraisal by showing such betterment, in one of four ways:
- Evidence of increased effectivity ;
- Reduced side effects and interactions ;
- Enhanced conformity ;
- Or usage in a new subpopulation.
All prescription drugs are reviewed by the FDA ‘s Centre for Drug Evaluation and Research ( CDER ). At the terminal of the Review procedure, blessing may be authorised for the new merchandise.
Standard-rated new merchandises were the individual most of import driver of increased retail disbursement on prescription drugs from 1995 to 2000.
Discovery of Statin
The revolution of prescriptions drugs and vaccinums have enabled doctors forestalling fatal diseases, and assisting increase the life anticipation of patients through the promotion of invention engineering in therapies and new drugs, enabling patients to populate more functional and productive lives.
Medical progresss in Statin, made in the past 10-20 old ages have identified that the countries of crisis within the medical health care industries, had fruitfully reduced because of the debut of two types of medical specialties:
- ACE inhibitors used to handle cardiovascular disease
- Statin drugs used to take down cholesterin
This study examines the advanced discovery interventions for life endangering diseases to minor alterations of drugs, concentrating particularly on Statin ( HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors ), the most powerful cholesterol-lowering agents available,
Finally this study considers adopted new attacks used in invention in order to beef up the procedures within the pharmaceutical industry, besides taking into history the structural forces that have shaped the way of pharmaceutical invention, analyzing how modifying branded merchandises nearing patent termination can enable makers to detain the menace of generic competition.
- Its Execution from a chemical drug to a prescribed medical specialty
- Who are mark market for ‘Statins ‘
- The importance of ‘Statins ‘ in economic system
- the Incremental and radicalisation of the development of Lipid-lowering medicines
- The importance of Collaborative Innovation in the twenty-first century
What are ‘Statins ‘ and what does it assist
Statin is a lipid lowering medical specialty, a medical specialty that lowers blood cholesterin degrees by suppressing a cardinal enzyme that is involved in the biogenesis of cholesterin. Lipid-lowering medicines are a type of medical specialty that is used in the procedure to take down blood cholesterin degrees for patients who are at hazard of holding really high degrees of cholesterin which can take to assorted cholesterins incorporating plaques build up in arterias and that cause the blood to barricade. By cut downing blood cholesterin degrees, Lipid-lowering medicines are proven to cut down the hazard of angina, bosom onslaught and shots.
Lipid-lowering medicines inhibit enzymes such as HMG-CoA reductase, which controls the cholesterin that is produced by the liver. Statins act to replace the reductase that exists in the liver, by decelerating down the action of cholesterin that is being reduced in the production procedure. This so goes on to diminishing cholesterin enzymes therefore cut downing the degree of hazards of angina, bosom onslaught and shots.
Lipid-lowering medicines can cut down the opportunity that conditions will decline and can detain patterned advance of the diseases for people who suffer from the undermentioned conditions
- Those who have a history of bosom onslaughts
- Those who suffer from bosom disease
- Those who suffer and may be at hazard of Diabetes, or development of atheroma
Following on from how Statins work, and what they help to forestall. The following country to be reviewed will be the country of drugs similar to those of t ‘Statins. There are as follows:
The above drugs can besides be referred as “ me-too ” drugs. “ Me-too ” drugs are those that may mention to hold a similar molecular construction, which may be used to handle the similar conditions. For a drug to be referred to as “ me-too ” drugs its industry must non hold undergone any new research in its creative activity.
Analyzing things from an economic point of view, makers in puting in a new drug merchandise, and foretelling that it will go the following “ best-selling ” drug, most likely hunt for ways to better methods in which its ain drugs becomes the taking trade name, and at that place a market leader. Innovation provides a agency of bettering research and development techniques.
In today ‘s globalised economic system, drug research does non happen in a box. While makers may be really close about their newest drugs, it is more likely that some non all. When makers have at least some thought about what other are working on. Research in any industry is an of import edifice procedure. While few scientists develop groundbreaking drugs from no anterior research, most work within and respond to already bing cognition, as is the instance for ‘Statins ‘.
In order for a maker to be in front of the game, as fight is ever present in any industry, and therefore in any market, the method of using Patents to their thought or innovation is important.
‘Patency ‘ Rights
The followers are the legal facet of invention within concerns, and in peculiar, invention protection within the pharmaceutical industries. For each innovation, or thought implemented, Researched and developed, a sense of security must be sought in order for that thought or construct to be protected, and non stolen by challengers.
Intellectual belongings rights ( IPRs ), such as patents and right of first publications, are an of import agencies used by makers to assist protect their investings in invention. They are designed to spread out industrial development and economic growing.
Patent Torahs are those Torahs which prohibit drug makers from copying and marketing already bing drug merchandises, until the clip that their patent expires. In order to be approved, new drugs must undergo an drawn-out test period designed to find non merely the drug ‘s safety but besides its efficaciousness. The debut of new drugs must stand for a medical promotion, even if little, in order to be approved and marketed.
IPRs protect investings in invention by allowing the pioneer a impermanent monopoly on the usage of the invention. This prevents rapid imitation that could cut into the pioneer ‘s returns and diminish the inducement to introduce, this is highly of import within the pharmaceutical industry as it prevents those who desire to steal and work research & A ; development of drugs in a harmfully manner.
Leting scientific findings, R & A ; D of a new drug to be patented, would present an interface between rational guess and consumer demands, thereby imparting scientific probe in the way more demanded by the economic system.
A common belief that patents are usually acquired to protect new drugs, thereby retrieving Research and Development investings, and the handiness of a assortment of different therapies is diminishing and about worsening.
Thousands of patents are applied for or granted refering pharmaceutical-related innovations. The figure of patents acquired in relation to latest innovations otherwise known as scientific finds, instead than those of proficient solutions, is increasing.
This signifier of denationalization of scientific discipline has been criciticaly argued, nevertheless the chief focal point of this country are Patents, which simply focuses on incremental or minor developments.
Statin as a Incremental Invention
In today ‘s environment, the demand for a more uninterrupted betterment in merchandises and procedure is widely recognised. However the continual watercourse of invention are nit ever identified.
Call uping a big sum of the work force in a procedure of ‘incremental ‘ job resolution is good as it is indispensable within the pharmaceutical industries.
Quality of health care and how its betterments through the usage of incremental invention, and the Radicalisation of bing innovations being invented, or implementing preconceived thoughts can take to a batch of competition.
Due to the increased degrees of competition amongst Manufacturers, suited selling of freshly developed drugs should to be explored. As there are many challengers, when treating the fabrication and provision of their drugs huge sum of different attacks that challengers follow should be taken note of.
Many different companies could perchance be working on similar drugs, and sometimes invention independently may non take to a fresh drug but to a less well-recognized add-on to an bing drug category. Implementing extra methods of invention such as incremental invention can give the merchandise its peculiarity from the standard procedure o fabricating “ me-too ” drugs.
Although such medical specialties do non do of import clinical progresss, they increase doctors ‘ prescribing picks, therefore enabling them to fit the drug to the demands of the patient. In some instances, modified drugs enhance patients ‘ convenience.
Highly advanced drugs – medical specialties that contain new active ingredients besides provide important clinical betterment. Drugs supplying modest invention are most common.
Another factor to be recognised when reexamining the Pharmaceutical Industries is that of Technological progresss. These progresss tend to happen incrementally, one measure at a clip. As a consequence, advancement is made over clip, as many little Stairss are taken in the creative activity of freshly developed drugs, such as Statins. Using incremental invention within the pharmaceutical industries provides for an betterment betterment on bing drugs, thereby adding to a drug category, increasing competition among drugs, and a making a stimulation for farther invention.
As the National Research Council [ 1996 ] observed “ the cumulative consequence of legion minor incremental inventions can sometimes be more transforming and hold more economic impact than a few extremist inventions or ‘technological discoveries. ‘ The net consequence of increasing the figure of drugs through invention leads to progresss in safety, efficaciousness, selectivity, and public-service corporation of drugs within a specific category. ”
To convey to a close Incremental Innovation, The point of Pharmaceutical industries depending to a great extent on incremental inventions, whilst bulk of incremental invention can take to many cost nest eggs in different countries. These inventions can ensue in nest eggs in the undermentioned countries ;
- Treatment costs being reduced
- Shortened infirmary corsets
- Productivity increased, hence absenteeism is lowered
- Reduced drug costs from increased rivals amongst pharmaceutical makers
Statin as a Extremist Invention
An Important Essential radicalisation that has arisen within the pharmaceutical industry is that of newer more successful theoretical accounts and models.
It is by and large appreciated that marketing theoretical accounts can be used to construe complex relationships that are apparent in a selling system. When measuring determinations and placing alternate schemes and tactics within the pharmaceutical industry this ‘New Product Launch Strategy ‘ theoretical account is presently being used.
This theoretical account was developed to heighten communicating between corporate degree staff and subordinate degree staff, and can be used to implement and/or ease the strategic selling construct within a pharmaceutical company. The theoretical account can besides be used to concentrate attending on hazard reduction/elimination associated with market entry.
The theoretical account can besides be used by marketing practicians employed by pharmaceutical companies to do tactical and strategic determinations ;
Pan, [ 1999, p41 ] suggests “ to measure a new merchandise launch scheme, and to invent international selling entry programs and schemes, New determinations should be formulated ”.
A launch scheme can find the public presentation of a new merchandise on the market. The strategic launch determinations are made early in the new merchandise development procedure and make impact the tactical launch determinations made at a ulterior day of the month, it is of import to understand why in footings of the decision-making, the procedure itself can be refined with clip.
Pan [ 1999, p. 41 ] stated that the strategic launch determinations should be categorized as follows ;
- merchandise scheme
- market scheme
- Firm scheme.
These launch schemes were identified utilizing the Aaker, [ 1995, pp 16-23 ] model that was applied to the pharmaceutical industry in order to place the industry specific factors.
Pan, [ 1999, p 42 ] modified and simplified the Aaker, [ 1995, pp 16-23 ] model in three ways.
First, the model was given a new merchandise development accent while keeping the kineticss of strategic selling. Second, it was simplified in order to integrate the application of new merchandise launches. Third, it was redesigned to place the strategic launch determinations relevant to a new merchandise.
The simplified model encompassed two chief elements:
- an external analysis ( clients, rivals, the market and the environment in which the new merchandise would vie
- An internal/self-analysis of the company ( the company ‘s overall public presentation and strategic options ). The chances and possible menaces for a new merchandise were defined. As respects the internal/self-analysis, the company ‘s resources,
‘Collaborative Innovation Strategy ‘
In the pharmaceutical industry a new adopted attack has been used, where Many Pharmaceutical Industries through research and development analysis have successfully innovated evolutionary and radical alteration though the managing of multiple organisational architectures.
Directors have structurally separated squads within the administration, so that a division of workers can work on the incremental procedures, whilst others are housed in different installations working on the radicalisation of the chemical promotions of the drug.
Another method had had undergone trail period, and proven to be effected was where the administrations implemented temporal separation, delegating squads to work full clip in incremental invention for a period of clip, and so exchange to work full clip in extremist innovating for another period. This had successfully reduces some hazard factors within the invention of implement freshly developed drugs on the market.
Enhancements in the cognition and constructs of uniting different countries of invention can cut down hazard factors thereby beef uping the internal model for a Pharmaceutical Manufacturer. Innovation being a important factor in any industry, it allows the devolution of new merchandises and services to be developed in a most cost effectual, low hazard, and compatible scheme, thereby being a good and indispensable cardinal country in any organisation.
They approach of combing two countries of invention ‘Radical ‘ and ‘Incremental ‘ particularly in the Pharmaceutical industry, allows maker to be in front of its rivals by cut down hazard factors, and going more cost effectual, but besides it allows Expenditure excessively be reduced through understating the research and development phases of presenting new drugs on the market, and so developing and administering those drugs on a more expanded planetary graduated table.
The Impact of Incremental & A ; Radical Innovation
Of ‘Statins ‘ on a Commercial graduated table
The execution of Statin micro-organism has become the most common cholesterin cut downing drug, on the market.
Emphasis on incremental drug development, particularly where big trade name makers are concerned, have allowed companies to hold growing within their franchises by adding line extensions, new merchandises utilizing the same active ingredient, or by differing from the Original like convenient dosing signifiers. Such sweetenings enable makers to pull new patients and sustain or raise the monetary values of popular drugs.
The usage of bing cognition and resources to contrive Statin, led to the Innovative procedure, which led to the major distribution within the pharmaceutical industry. This has Given ‘Statin ‘ a big advantage in the market, as the competitory menaces are rather low, and hazard factor minimum, as the merchandise itself is such a ‘success ‘. Here the invention can be said to incorporate both incremental and extremist invention adapted to present collaborative invention new paradigm.
In today ‘s society universe the economic wellness of states and the fight within administrations can be seen as determined mostly by the ability to develop, commercialize, and most significantly capture economic benefits from scientific and technological inventions.
The finds made this research are as follows ;
- Pharmaceutical Drugs within the industry is that both Radical and incremental invention can be combined and customized to bring forth a new paradigm ‘Collaborative Innovation ‘
- In the pharmaceutical industry a new adopted attack has been used within the Pharmaceutical industry where the usage of inventions is successful both in instance of evolutionary and evolutionary alteration through pull offing multiple and beliing organisational architectures.
- Directors structurally separate squads to work on incremental and extremist inventions frequently lodging them in different installations.
- They implement division, delegating squads to wok to the full and systematically in incremental innovating for a period of clip, and so exchange to work entirely in extremist invention for another period, thereby cut downing hazard factors.
- Enhancements in the cognition and constructs of combing different countries of Innovation can cut down hazard factors and thereby beef up industries for future investings.
Finally to reason, Innovation is a important factor in the pharmaceutical industry, as it allows new drugs to be researched & A ; developed, and so prescribed to public, which is good to the economic wellness of the population and hence advancing a long-run healthy life style to those of Heart concerns, Blood force per unit areas and Diabetic job.
The synthesis of uniting two countries of invention, whatsoever they are, may let for a more balanced successful scheme. As society continues to turn, and new schemes and constructs emerge, sometimes the best method to use within a model can be evolved from the original beginning. Pharmaceutical industries can be at advantage my researching farther into countries of invention and seeking the success factors from each country, and join forcesing them to bring forth newer more update progress paradigms that would accommodate its administration best.
- Aaker, D.A. ( 1995 ), Strategic Market Management, John Wiley & A ; Sons, Chichester.
- Aaker, D.A. and Weinberg, C.B. ( 1975 ), “ Synergistic selling theoretical accounts ”, Journal of Marketing, Vol. 39 No. 43, pp. 16-23.
- Box, George E. P. ( 1996 ) “ Role of statistics in quality and productiveness betterment. ” Journal of Applied Statistics 23, no. 1: 3-20. Business Source Premier, EBSCOhost ( Accessed December 12, 2009 ).
- Boulden, J.B., Buffa, E.S. ( 1970 ), “ Corporate theoretical accounts: online, real-time systems ”, Harvard Business Review, Vol. 48 No.4, pp. 65-83.
- Nathan birnbaums, M. ( 2007 ). Extremist new attack to forestalling bosom disease. Practice Nurse, 33 ( 4 ), 8. Retrieved from Business Source Premier Database.
- Burns M. Radical new attack to forestalling bosom disease. Practice Nurse [ consecutive online ]. February 23, 2007 ; 33 ( 4 ) :8. Available from: Business Source Premier, Ipswich, MA. Accessed November 24, 2009
- Carey J.Do cholesterins do any Good? ( Cover narrative ). Business Week [ consecutive online ]. January 28, 2008 ; ( 4068 ) :52-59. Available from: Business Source Premier, Ipswich, MA. Accessed November 24, 2009.
- CORREA, Carlos Maria, ( 2004 ) “ Ownership of cognition: the function of patents in pharmaceutical R & A ; D ”, Bull World Health Organ ; Genebra, Vol.82, No. 10.
- Dorland Healthcare Information. ( 2000 ) “ Market Category A: Pharmaceuticals and Relate, and All Ethical Pharmaceuticals ” Sixteenth Edn, Philadelphia, Dorland. Vol. 1, pp 95-96.
- Fagerberg, J. ( 2003 ) ” Schumpeter and the resurgence of evolutionary economic sciences ”, an assessment of the literature. Journal of Evolutionary Economics 13: pp 125-159.
- Jaschke et Al, ( 2005 ) “ Cardiovascular Research 68 ”, pp 483- 492
- Long C. ( 2000 ) “ Patents and cumulative invention ” ; and “ Washington University Journal of Law and Policy ”, Vol.2, pp 229-46.
- Maddock, G. Michael, and Raphael Louis Vitn. “ Invention: It ‘s About Implementation. ” Business Week Online ( November 4, 2009 ) : 13. Business Source Premier, EBSCOhost ( Accessed December 11, 2009 ).
- Merges R, Nelson R. ( 1996 ) “ On modification or encouraging competition in proficient advancement: the consequence of patent-scope determinations ”, in: Nelson R, editor. “ The beginnings of economic growing ”, Cambridge and London: Harvard University Press
- National Institute for Health Care Management ( 2002 ) “ Changing forms of pharmaceutical invention ”, Washington ( DC ) : NIHCM Foundation.
- National Research Council ( 1996 ), “ Prospectus for National Knowledge Assessment ”, National Academy Press, Washington D.C.
- Nordhaus, W. ( 1969 ) “ Invention, Growth and Welfare ” : A Theoretical Treatment of Technological Change. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Pan, H. ( 1999 ), “ A new merchandise launch scheme ( NPLS ) theoretical account for pharmaceutical companies ”, unpublished MSc thesis, Department of Management, Birkbeck College, University of London ; London, pp 40-45.
- Scotchmer, S. ( 1991 ), “ Standing on the Shoulders of Giants: Accumulative Research and the Patent Law ”, Journal of Economic Perspectives, 5 ( 1 ), a. pp 29-41.
- Sheridan D. Development and Innovation in Cardiovascular Medicine. International Journal of Innovation Management [ consecutive online ]. June 2007 ; 11 ( 2 ) :245-258. Available from: Business Source Premier, Ipswich, MA. Accessed November 24, 2009.
- Starr C. ( 1999 ) “ Inventions in Drug Delivery ”, Patient Care, Vol. 34 ( 1 ), pp 107-137.
- The RAND Journal of Economics ( 1990 ), Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 131-146.
- Woodruff, Paul H. 2006. “ Educating Engineers to Make a Sustainable Future. ” Journal of Environmental Engineering 132, no. 4: 434-444. Academic Search Premier, EBSCOhost ( accessed December 14, 2007 ).
- Youden, W.J. ( 1962 ), “ Experiment and Measurement ” National Science Teachers Association, Washington, D.C, pg 2
- hypertext transfer protocol: //www.nihcm.org
- hypertext transfer protocol: //www.scielosp.org/scielo.php? script=sci_arttext & A ; pid=S004296862004001000015 & A ; lng=en & A ; nrm=iso, ( Accessed ; 14/12/09 ; 10.1590/S00496862004001000015
- hypertext transfer protocol: //www.fda.gov/Drugs/InformationOnDrugs/default.htm